what your audience will gain
Dr. Margaret Bradley - an excuse-prevention expert, business psychologist, and author of Wouldacouldashoulda: Rapid Results. No Excuses. – will tell your audience:
- How to Identify excuse-making styles
- Reasons why people make excuses
- The most important things leaders can do to create an excuse-free culture
- When an excuse can be a gift
- Examples of excuses
- How to stop excuses from slowing you down
- What to do when you hear an excuse
- Occasions when it's okay to make an excuse
benefits of preventing excuses
Often people get caught in an excuse trap and don't even realize it. They give up on accomplishing important goals or fall behind the competition without knowing about simple steps that get rid of the excuses that hold them back. Excuse management techniques can change their lives and help them go farther faster.
questions dr. bradley can answer
- Why did you write a book on excuses?
- Do people have different excuse styles?
- What can happen when you discover the reason behind an excuse?
- What are some of the most unusual excuses you've heard?
- How can you stop your own excuses?
- If you are leading a team, what can you do to prevent members from making excuses?
- What are the different types of excuses?
- Can an excuse ever be a good thing?
- When are people most likely to make an excuse?
- Are there any statistics on excuses that you came across when you did research for Wouldacouldashoulda?
- What should you do when you hear an excuse?
- Are there any words to keep in mind that will prevent you from making an excuse?
partial list of clients
Our clients are busy executives who care about achieving and sustaining optimal performance and satisfaction.
- Association of Government Accountants
- Baylands Federal Credit Union
- Better Business Bureau
- Career Prospectors
- CFW Communications
- Central Virginia Mediation Network
- Charlottesville Police Department
- Chesterfield County
- Dominion Virginia Power
- Hauni Richmond Incorporated
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Interim Staffing
- Jewish Community Center
- Junior League of Richmond
- Kiwanis Leadership Conference
- Law Library, University of Richmond
- Madison and Main
- Metropolitan Business Women
- Osher Institute for Lifelong Learning
- Pari Respiratory Systems
- Philip Morris
- Richmond Redevelopment and Housing Auhority
- Shuford, Rubin, and Gibney, PC
- St. James Episcopal Church
- St. Gertrude's School
- University of Richmond
- University of Virginia, Center for Career Planning and Placement
- US Army
- Virginia Association of Law Librarians
- Virginia Commonwealth University
- Virginia Department of Transportation
- Virginia Fundraising Institute
- Virginia Retirement System
- Virginia State University
- Westminster Canterbury of Richmond